Transiting Los Angeles
Your guide to exploring Los Angeles by transit
Latest from Transiting Los Angeles
For our first podcast episode, we discuss the absurd 1997 disaster flick Volcano, which, as it turns out, has a lot to say about ’90s Los Angeles and its new subway line.
The Museum of Jurassic Technology is one of our favorite places in Los Angeles. But what exactly *is* it?
Downtown Los Angeles holds a fascinating relic of what might have been. Follow us on a tour of a future unrealized: the Pedway.
Welcome to Transiting Los Angeles! We are a local travel site that highlights interesting places in the Los Angeles area that you can visit by using public transit. Each of our guides are extensively researched, complete with pictures and maps, so that you can use them to explore and learn more about the many fascinating places the city has to offer. You can read more about us on our About page, and see a full list of our guides by browsing our Archive.
Where we’ve been
If you’ve never ridden transit in L.A., read our How to Ride Transit guide for information and useful tips. Below, you can find links to all our guides to unique and wonderful places around Los Angeles!
- Walk through Ferndell, Griffith Park’s lush garden and year-round stream
- Elsewhere in Griffith Park, explore the eerie abandoned zoo
- Or hike up to Griffith Park’s hidden hilltop gardens
- Take a stairway walk to the High Tower, hidden above Hollywood
- Take a tour of historic Union Station, the hub of L.A.’s transit network
- Enjoy the serenity of Los Angeles State Historic Park
- Take a walking tour of L.A.’s historic Chinatown neighborhood
- Check out Downtown’s strange, eclectic, and sometimes just bad public art
- Explore a relic of futuristic city planning unrealized: the Pedway
Northeast L.A. and Pasadena
- Visit the Southwest Museum, L.A.’s oldest museum and a ghost of its former self
- Afterwards, see the eclectic house of the Southwest Museum’s founder, El Alisal
- In Pasadena, hike down beneath the Colorado Street Bridge to the Lower Arroyo
- Explore delightful South Pasadena, with its Halloween charm
- Take a stairway walk through tranquil Mount Washington
- Hike to the top of Debs Park
- Enjoy a round of mini-golf and spot horses along the Arroyo Seco
- Take a walking tour of the Caltech campus
- When the New Year comes, enjoy the Rose Parade
- Check out the many interesting things to do along the Blue Line
- Explore beautiful Coastal San Pedro, with its many sights and rich history
- Take a walk through charming Northeast Santa Monica
- Hike across the Baldwin Hills, with its gorgeous parks and spectacular views
- Take a walking tour of the UCLA campus
- Explore the dazzling sights and obscura of the Museum of Jurassic Technology
Unlike most travel content on the internet, we do not host advertising on our website, to maintain the high quality of our guides. Instead, we ask for the direct support of our readers. If you enjoy our work, please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber to our Patreon! Your contribution helps us keep Transiting Los Angeles going!
Buy our Merch
Another way to support us is to buy our wares! We have postcards and walking tour brochures available on our Etsy store!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.